Here at Northland, we are always searching for talented, enthusiastic and driven individuals to join our growing team. If you are looking to start or continue your career in the floral industry, and are seeking a company that values your input and experience, then Northland is the place for you.
Oversee all aspects of the facility and affiliated properties.
Design, implement, and coordinate daily, monthly, and annual maintenance programs.
Allocate workload and supervise upkeep staff.
Plan and organize services such as cleaning, maintenance, parking lot, safety inspections, security, and snow removal and property maintenance.
monitor equipment inventory and place orders when necessary.
Ensure compliance with all relevant legislation and procedures related to the safety and security of staff and servicing of systems to meet Fire and Building Codes.
Inspect and resolve all maintenance concerns; electrical, lighting, water, sprinkler, HVAC, security, and mechanical systems.
Maintain maintenance logs and report on daily activities.
Forecasting, ordering, and price negotiation for spare parts inventory.
Administer contracts for the provision of supplies and services; purchase equipment, materials and supplies according to needs, budget limitations and purchasing policy.
Will be the main contact for all contractors; will select contractors to carry out work as necessary.
Looking for new ways/tools/assets to improve productivity and cut costs.
Will perform other duties as assigned.
7+ years’ experience in a facility maintenance leadership role.
Hands on experience and strong knowledge of engineering concepts, including electrical and mechanical systems.
Ability to keep track of and report on activity.
Experience in planning maintenance operations.
Excellent communication, interpersonal skills.
Excellent leadership skills.
Competent in problem solving, planning, decision making, and problem solver.
Assist in the development of Northlands internal/external systems
Automation of manual processes
Support staff with IT related questions/issues/general end user support
Site security configuration
Deploying user workstations
Diploma or degree in computer programming/computer science, with 3+ years’ experience preferred
Be able to work individually or with a with a team of IT professionals in designing, developing, and testing programs to support our various units and internal operations
Knowledge of border processes/data submission is an asset
Knowledge of PLC programming or systems integration is an asset
Knowledge of Git is an asset
Good rapport with staff as well as outside vendors
Exhibits Northland’s Core Values.
Office Administrator: US Logistics and Sales Support
Daily sales support and data entry
Assist with routing, creating loads and scheduling drivers
Prepare driver notes daily for outbound drivers
Main contact for all deliveries
Verify loads for the next day are prepared and accurate at the end of each day
After hours support for drivers
Sales credit compilation
Assist with process improvement and cost saving initiatives
Special order reviews and UPC checking
Post-secondary education: background in Supply Chain, Business, Sales, or Logistics is preferred
An understanding of the Horticulture industry or experience in a similar role will be an asset but not a requirement, enthusiastic, energetic, personable, and friendly disposition
Ability to provide solutions to ever-changing scenarios; must be a quick thinker
Strong verbal and written English communication skills
High attention to detail and advanced working knowledge of MS Excel
Exhibits Northland’s Core Values.
Key Account Manager
· Work closely with sales team
· Maintain and build relationships with assigned key accounts
· Prospect new customers
· Plan and develop profitable sales for assigned accounts
· Meet and exceed targets
· Keep informed of market trends and competition.
· Sales driven, self-motivated
· Customer service oriented
· Proven sales track record
· Professional communication and strong relationship building skill
· Good business sense
· Strong planning and organizational skills
· Great positive attitude
· Team player, able to work independently
· Problem solver
· Accurately process customer transactions
· Generate invoices for customer orders
· Generate new and repeat sales by providing product information in a timely manner
· Determine customer requirements and expectations in order to recommend specific products and solutions
· Recommend alternate products based on cost, availability or specifications and in-stock items
· Increase sales and average order size by means of cross-selling, up-selling, add-on sales and offering promotional sale items
· Contact customers following sales to ensure on-going customer satisfaction and resolve any complaint
· Meet sales and productivity goals
· Present a professional image to customers, vendors and fellow employees at all times
· Maintain accurate and up-to-date customer files
· Perform other duties as assigned by the Sales Manager
· Strong organizational and planning skills; attention to detail
· Ability to work under minimum supervision
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Strong computer skills, including data entry and Microsoft applications
· Exemplary sales experienced preferred
Northland Floral Inc. is an equal employer recognizing diversity and inclusion. Northland Floral welcomes and encourages applications from exceptional individuals. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Applicants are encouraged to submit resumes and references via e-mail. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
By applying to Northland Floral, you consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of the personal information provided during the application and selection process. Applications may be kept on file for three months. Only applicants selected for further interviews will be contacted.